Roll over image to zoom in
Hill's Prescription Diet Metabolic Canine with Chicken
Prescription Diet Metabolic Canine with Chicken (5%) is a complete dietetic pet food for the reduction of excessive body weight and maintenance of healthy weight in adult dogs. This dietetic pet food has a low energy density.
Clinically proven nutrition to help dogs quickly lose weight.
Small Breed, Medium Breed, Large Breed
For quality, consistency and taste, or your money back
Even a little extra weight can impact the pet's quality of life and relationship with family as the extra weight can reduce play time, impact mobility and affect the lifelong general health of your dog. Maintaining ideal weight can help impact life expectancy by reducing risk of weight-related conditions.
Hill's nutritionists & veterinarians developed Prescription Diet Metabolic clinical nutrition specially formulated to help dogs lose weight and keep the lost weight off. Naturally works with your dog's unique energy use for easy and effective weight loss. This food stimulates dog's natural ability to burn fat and and provides energy for active play. Its unique fibre blend helps keep dogs feeling full and satisfied. In fact, 96% of dogs lost weight at home in 2 months when fed the nutrition of Metabolic.* This wet food is made with chicken has an irresistible taste that your dog will love.
* Data on file, Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Inc.
How it works:
- Naturally works with your dog's unique energy use for easy and effective weight loss
- Supports dog's natural ability to burn fat
- Unique blend of fibre helps keep dogs feeling full and satisfied
How it helps:
- 96% of dogs lost weight at home in 2 months
- Helps keep lost weight off and provides energy for active play
- Easy weight loss: dogs lose weight without excessively reducing portion sizes
- S+OXSHIELD: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
Hill's Prescription Diet Metabolic dietetic pet food provides all the nutrition dogs need to lose and maintain weight. Naturally works with your dog's unique energy use for easy and effective weight loss and can be used long-term. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life. Dry and canned formulas can be mixed or fed concurrently.
Proud to have helped
11 million shelter pets
find a forever home & counting
COMPOSITION: Meat and animal derivatives, cereals, derivatives of vegetable origin, vegetables, seeds, eggs and egg derivatives, oils and fats, minerals.
ANALYTICAL CONSTITUENTS: Protein 7.1%, Fat content 3.3%, Crude fibre 3.8%, Crude ash 1.4%, Moisture 74.2%, Calcium 0.20%, Phosphorus 0.15%, Sodium 0.10%, Potassium 0.21%, Magnesium 0.02%; per kg: Vitamin A 52,562IU, Vitamin D3 249IU.
ADDITIVES PER KG: Nutritional additives: 3b103 (Iron) 12.2mg, 3b202 (Iodine) 0.4mg, 3b405 (Copper) 1.1mg, 3b502 (Manganese) 2.7mg, 3b603 (Zinc) 38.9mg.Metabolisable energy (calculated): 3.7MJ/kg.
|FOR WEIGHT LOSS||FOR WEIGHT MAINTENANCE|
|Ideal Body Weight kg||Cans 370g||Cans 370g|
|30||2 3/4||4 1/3|
|40||3 1/2||5 1/2|
|60+||3/4 per 10 kg||1 1/5 per 10 kg|
Mixed feeding guide
|FOR WEIGHT LOSS||FOR WEIGHT MAINTENANCE|
|Ideal Body Weight kg||Cans 370g||Dry grams||Cans 370g||Dry grams|
|60 +||2||4 per kg||2||9 per kg|
Ask your veterinarian for specific feeding instructions for your pet. This is only a guide. Grams are the most accurate form of measurement.
For best results:
– Gradually transition to this new food for 7 days or more.
– Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry and wet foods.
– Keep fresh water available at all times.
– Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition.
– To prevent suffocation, keep the packaging out of the reach of pets & children.
328.5 kcal /370 g can
|Carbohydrate (NFE)||39.1 %|
|Crude fibre||14.8 %|
|Crude Ash||5.5 %|
|BCAA Total||5.37 %|
|Glutamine + Glutamate||3.64 %|
|Vitamin A||130615 IU/kg|
|Vitamin D||958 IU/kg|
|Vitamin E||1402 IU/kg|
|Omega-3-fatty acids||0.78 %|
|Omega-6-fatty acids||2.53 %|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.