Kidneys' role is to filter waste and toxins from the blood and maintain the normal balance of fluid and minerals within the body. As pets are getting older, damage to kidney tissues occur. This process is irreversible and will lead to further loss of kidney function. Dogs with kidney disease may also experience loss of appetite and their caloric intake might decline, which may lead eventually to loss of muscle mass.
Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians developed Prescription Diet™ k/d™ clinical nutrition to support your dog's kidney health. In fact, The nutrition of Prescription Diet™ k/d™ is clinically proven to improve & lengthen quality of life.
This irresistible Prescription Diet™ Stew with chicken and added vegetables contains gently cooked bite-sized chunks.
How it works:
- Targeted levels of high quality protein
- Controlled phosphorus
- Low sodium
- Lean muscle support complex
How it helps:
- Supports kidney & heart function
- Supports vitality & energy
- Supports appetite & eating enjoyment
- Supports optimal body condition
Hill's Prescription Diet k/d dog food is a complete dietetic pet food that provides all the nutrition your dog needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Proud to have helped
11 million shelter pets
find a forever home & counting
Meat and animal derivatives, cereals, oils and fats, derivatives of vegetable origin, various sugars, vegetables, minerals, eggs and egg derivatives, seeds, yeast.
|Body Weight (kg)||Cans 354g|
|50 +||1 per 10 kg|
|Mixed Feeding Guide|
|Body Weight (kg)||Cans 354g||Dry grams|
|50 +||2||+||7 per kg|
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results:
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion for maximum 3 days.
- Reinforce with clients to feed Prescription Diet dry food, canned food, & Hill's™ treats exclusively.
- Gradually transition to the new food over a 7 day period.
- Avoid transitioning to the new food during periods of illness or hospitalisation. A food aversion may develop, causing decreased acceptance of the food when the pet is feeling better.
- To increase compliance with the nutrition: Offer different varieties of flavours & textures from Hill’s™ Prescription Diet™ k/d™ such as Hill’s™ Prescription Diet™ k/d™ canned or Hill’s™ Prescription Diet™ k/d™ dry food.
358 kcal / 12.5 oz (354 g) can
|Vitamin C||130 ppm|
|Vitamin E||518 IU/kg|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.