Kidneys' role is to filter waste and toxins from the blood and maintain the normal balance of fluid and minerals within the body. As pets are getting older, damage to kidney tissues may occur. This process is irreversible and will lead to further loss of kidney function. Cats with kidney disease may also experience loss of appetite and their caloric intake might decline, which may lead eventually to loss of muscle mass.
Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians developed clinical nutrition to support your cat's kidney function and help sustain muscle mass. In fact, the nutrition of k/d is clinically tested nutrition to improve & lengthen quality of life.
This irresistible Prescription Diet™ Stew with chicken and added vegetables contains gently cooked bite-sized chunks.
How it works:
- Targeted levels of high quality protein
- Controlled phosphorus
- Low sodium
- Lean muscle support complex
How it helps:
- Supports kidney & heart function
- Supports vitality & energy
- Supports appetite & eating enjoyment
- Supports optimal body condition
Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ k/d™ cat food is a complete dietetic pet food that provides all the nutrition your cat needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet™ foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Proud to have helped
11 million shelter pets
find a forever home & counting
Meat and animal derivatives, derivatives of vegetable origin, cereals, oils and fats, vegetable protein extracts, vegetables, minerals.
|Body Weight (kg)||Cans 82 g|
|6 +||3/4 per kg|
Mixed Feeding Guide
|Mixed Feeding Guide|
|Body Weight (kg)||Cans 82g||Dry grams|
|6 +||1||10 per kg|
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results:
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion for maximum 3 days.
- Gradually transition to your pet's new food over a 7 day period.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry and wet foods.
- Keep fresh water available at all times.
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition.
69.1 kcal / 2.9 oz (82 g) can
|Vitamin C||160 ppm|
|Vitamin E||1002 IU/kg|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.