Roll over image to zoom in
Hill's PRESCRIPTION DIET w/d Dog Food with Chicken
Clinically proven nutrition to help manage diabetes in dogs.
Small Breed, Medium Breed, Large Breed
For quality, consistency and taste, or your money back
Hill's Prescription Diet w/d is specially formulated to help manage your dog's diabetes. With low levels of sugars and an optimal blend of soluble and insoluble fibres, w/d helps regulate their blood sugar and maintain a healthy weight. This blend of balanced nutrients helps your dog live their best life.
How it works:
- Low levels of sugars & an optimal blend of soluble & insoluble fibre
- High quality protein & effective L-carnitine levels
- Appropriate levels of fat & calories
How it helps:
- Helps manage blood sugar
- Helps maintain lean muscle mass
- Helps maintain a healthy body weight
Hill's Prescription Diet w/d is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your dog needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Important Transition Recommendations:
- For diabetic dogs currently fed with w/d dry, a seven day transition to this new food is recommended, as well as diabetes monitoring. As the caloric density is slightly higher, feeding amounts have to be adapted, following the new feeding guide. The letter to be used on the measuring cup is still F (cup.hillspet.com).
- For dogs that have been on this formula due to fat responsive diseases (hyperlipidemia/hypercholesterolaemia or pancreatitis), a seven day transition to i/d Low Fat is recommended.*
* In the Prescription Diet w/d dog food dry new formula, both the caloric density and fat content have increased. The fat content has gone from 2.8g/100kcal to 3.6g/100kcal.
Proud to have helped
11 million shelter pets
find a forever home & counting
COMPOSITION: Cereals, derivatives of vegetable origin, meat and animal derivatives (chicken 9%), vegetable protein extracts, oils and fats, minerals.Carbohydrate sources: Wheat, maize, barley, oats.
ANALYTICAL CONSTITUENTS: Protein 20.5%, Fat content 11.5%, Crude fibre 12.5%, Omega-3 fatty acids 0.6%, Essential fatty acids 3.2%, Starch 28.0%, Total sugar 1.5%, Crude ash 5.1%, Calcium 0.88%, Phosphorus 0.61%, Sodium 0.23%, Potassium 0.69%, Magnesium 0.10%; per kg: Vitamin A 8,550IU, Vitamin D3 700IU, Vitamin E 600mg, Vitamin C 100mg, Beta-carotene 1.5mg, L-carnitine 361mg.
ADDITIVES PER KG: Nutritional additives: 3b103 (Iron) 76.2mg, 3b202 (Iodine) 1.2mg, 3b405 (Copper) 7.5mg, 3b502 (Manganese) 7.9mg, 3b603 (Zinc) 158mg, 3b801 (Selenium) 0.2mg; with natural antioxidant.
Mixed Feeding Guide
|Weight of Dog - kgs||Amount per Day - 370 g cans||Amount per Day - grams|
|60+||2||+||93 g per 10 kgs|
Daily Feeding Guide
|Weight of Dog - kgs||Amount per Day - grams|
|60+||119 per 10 kgs|
Ask your veterinarian for specific feeding instructions for your pet.
Daily Feeding Recommendations are only a guide and a place to start.
Grams are the most accurate form of measurement; cups are estimated from grams. For best results:
- Gradually transition to this new food for 7 days or more.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry and wet foods.
- Keep fresh water available at all times.
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition.
- To prevent suffocation, keep the packaging out of the reach of pets & children.
3180 kcal/kg (318 kcal/100g)
|Carbohydrate (NFE)||46.1 %|
|Crude fibre||13.6 %|
|Crude Ash||5.5 %|
|Vitamin A||9297 IU/kg|
|Vitamin C||109 ppm|
|Vitamin D||715 IU/kg|
|Vitamin E||384 IU/kg|
|Omega-3-fatty acids||0.65 %|
|Omega-6-fatty acids||2.81 %|
1The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.