Roll over image to zoom in
Hill's Prescription Diet
k/d Cat Food
Complete dietetic pet food for support of renal function in case of chronic or temporary renal insufficiency in adult cats. This food has a low level of phosphorus and a restricted level of high-quality protein.
Delicious clinically proven nutrition to improve quality of life and lengthen the relationship with your cat
For quality, consistency and taste, or your money back
When cats have damage to kidney tissues, the kidneys cannot perform as well as before. The condition is not reversible, but progression may be slowed. Dietetic foods for kidney conditions are designed to help reduce workload on the kidneys, enabling them to function more effectively. Cats with decreased kidney function may experience loss of appetite and their food intake might decline.
Hill's nutritionists and veterinarians developed Hill's Prescription Diet k/d clinical nutrition with ActivBiome+ Kidney Defense, a proprietary blend of prebiotics shown to nourish the gut microbiome to help support kidney function. Prescription Diet k/d is available in multiple wet forms & flavors to entice even the pickiest of eaters.
This wet food is made with Beef and has an irresistible taste that your cat will love. In fact, Prescription Diet k/d is clinically proven nutrition to improve & lengthen quality of life.
How it works:
- Controlled phosphorus & low sodium, enriched with omega-3s from fish oil
- ActivBiome+ Kidney Defense nourishes the gut microbiome to support kidney health
- High levels of essential amino acids and L-carnitine
How it helps:
- Helps protect vital kidney function
- Helps manage the changes in the gut microbiome caused by impaired kidney function
- Supports natural ability to build and maintain muscle mass
- Available in multiple wet forms & flavors
- S+OXSHIELD: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
Hill's Prescription Diet k/d Cat Food with Beef is a complete dietetic pet food for support of renal function in case of chronic or temporary renal insufficiency in adult cats. This food has a low level of phosphorus and a restricted level of protein but of high quality.
Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet foods can help a cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
For best results, consistent long term feeding of this product is critical for efficacy of the product benefits.
Dry, canned and pouch formulas can be mixed or fed concurrently.
Proud to have helped
13 million shelter pets
find a forever home & counting
COMPOSITION: Meat and animal derivatives (beef 4%), derivatives of vegetable origin, various sugars, fish and fish derivatives, oils and fats, minerals, eggs and egg derivatives. Protein sources: Chicken, pork, beef, salmon, dried egg whites. ActivBiome+ Kidney Defense prebiotic blend (0.29%): Betaine, oat bran, fructo-oligosaccharides.
ANALYTICAL CONSTITUENTS: Protein 6.2%, Fat content 4.4%, Crude fibre 0.49%, Crude ash 1.2%, Moisture 79.0%, Calcium 0.17%, Phosphorus 0.09%, Sodium 0.05%, Potassium 0.19%, Magnesium 0.01%; per kg: Vitamin A 10,723IU, Vitamin D3 305IU, Vitamin E 176mg, Vitamin C 38mg, Beta-carotene 0.9mg.
ADDITIVES PER KG: Nutritional additives: 3b103 (Iron) 13.4mg, 3b202 (Iodine) 0.4mg, 3b405 (Copper) 2.2mg, 3b502 (Manganese) 3.0mg, 3b603 (Zinc) 34.5mg, 3a920 (Betaine) 1.3g, coloured with natural caramel.
|Weight of Cat - kgs||Amount per Day - 85 g pouches|
|7+||55 g per kg|
Ask your veterinarian for specific feeding instructions for your pet. This is only a guide. Grams are the most accurate form of measurement.
For best results:
– Gradually transition to this new food for 7 days or more.
– Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet dry and wet foods.
– Keep fresh water available at all times.
– Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition.
– To prevent suffocation, keep the packaging out of the reach of pets & children.