Fireworks without fear
Handy tips for the noisy November period. November the 5th is Guy Fawkes Night and it is always a lovely time of year with fireworks lighting up the night sky. However it can be a very stressful time for your pets. We have put together a list of some simple ways to keep your pets calm during this noisy period.
- Have some familiar noises in the house, for example keep the TV on or some music playing, so that it doesn't appear to be an abnormal situation.
- Close the curtains so they won't see any of the fireworks because the flashes can scare them.
- Keep outside noise to a minimum by closing all the windows and doors in the house.
- If your cats are outdoor cats that come and go as they please, place a litter tray inside for them and once they are indoors close the cat flap so they don't go outside again.
- Don't take your dog to a fireworks display, leave them at home..
- If possible have someone stay in the house with your pets to calm and reassure them.
- If your pet has had a previous problem on Guy Fawkes Night please consult your vet about the possible use of medication.
Hill's™ <span class='nowrap'>Science Plan™</span> Canine Adult Advanced Fitness™ Lamb & Rice is formulated to support digestive health and lean muscle. With clinically proven antioxidants and highly digestible lamb.Buy Now »