an easy way to help
your sensitive cat
What's new in Hill's™ Prescription Diet™
food intolerances & skin care foods
- New Hypoallergenic Treats to reward your cat safely
- Don't miss our exciting new look!
Is your cat's
Damaged or irritated skin can be very common but nonetheless distressing.
Is your cat itching, scratching, licking or rubbing more than normal?
Check the area where you think the problem is and if you see any of the following, take your cat to a vet for a proper examination:
- Red patches,
spot or pimples
- Scabs, crusts or
- Flaky or scaly
- Change of
- Hair loss
- Bad skin odour
What are the causes
of unhealthy skin?
Can occur as a result of a reaction to certain kinds of proteins in your cat’s food.
Your cat may be allergic to "inhaled" allergens such as dust, pollen, mould, etc. Some flea treatments can cause “contact” allergies.
Fleas, lice and mites can all cause skin irritation. Bites from parasites are irritating, causing cats to bite and scratch themselves, damaging their skin.
Too much or too little of certain hormones can make cats prone to skin problems. These imbalances may point to other serious underlying problems that need to be identified and treated.
Ways to support skin health
- Medication can help address skin infections or severe itching
- Supplements can help your cat get some of the fatty acids or other nutrients she needs to help her heal
- Nutrition can help to quickly calm sensitive skin. It can also get to the root of the problem by helping identify the cause (such as a food intolerance). Food with plenty of essential fatty acids also supports healthy skin and a shiny coat
- Your vet may recommend a combination of all three
How the right food can support
Hypoallergenic to help reduce intolerances to food and support skin health
Highly hydrolysed protein is broken down into pieces so small that a pet’s immune system cannot detect them
Select ingredients help limit contact with ingredients your pet may be intolerant to
Great taste pets can’t wait to eat
High levels of essential fatty acids
to support healthy skin and a shiny coat
Clinically proven antioxidants help support a healthy immune system
Hill’s food intolerances and skin care
Register today and get £5 off
your next purchase of Hill’s™ food
Where to buy
Hill’s food intolerance and skin care products
Hill’s™ Prescription Diet™ pet foods are available at your vet clinic and online.
Locate a vet clinic near you or start shopping online for fast,
convenient delivery to your door.