Kidney + Joint Care
Chronic kidney disease (CKD) is a condition often associated with advanced age. According to recent data, 1 out of 10 dogs will develop CKD in their lifetime. It is also common for senior dogs to develop other age-related conditions such as reduced mobility or cognitive dysfunction which can significantly impact the quality of life of both the pet and the pet parent.
Studies have also shown that 80% of dogs greater than 8 years of age suffer from osteoarthritis. Other data shows that 50% of dogs over 11 years of age display at least one sign of cognitive decline. Nutrition can play a key role in managing these age-related conditions. That is why Hill’s nutritionists and veterinarians developed Prescription Diet™ k/d™+Mobility for dogs. This clinical nutrition not only supports your dog's kidney function but also helps to improve their mobility and support cognitive alertness and vitality.
In fact, the nutrition of k/d is clinically proven to improve & lengthen quality of life in dogs with CKD.
This irresistible Prescription Diet™ Stew with chicken and added vegetables contains gently cooked bite-sized chunks.
How it works:
- Controlled phosphorus & low sodium
- Improved amino acid profile
- Effective levels of Omega-3 fatty acids
- Contains glucosamine & chondroitin sulfate
How it helps:
- Supports kidney & heart function
- Supports your dog's ability to run, climb and jump in as little as 21 days
- Supports your dog's natural ability to build lean muscle daily
- Supports vitality & alertness in older dogs
Hill's™ Prescription Diet™ k/d™+ Mobility dog food is a complete dietetic pet food that provides all the nutrition your dog needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet™ foods can help your dog to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Proud to have helped
11 million shelter pets
find a forever home & counting
COMPOSITION: Meat and animal derivatives, cereals, oils and fats, derivatives of vegetable origin, various sugars, seeds, vegetables, minerals, eggs and egg derivatives.Protein sources: Chicken, pork, dried egg.
|Body Weight (kg)||Cans 354g|
|50 +||1 per 10 kg|
Mixed Feeding Guide
|Mixed Feeding Guide|
|Body Weight (kg)||Cans 354g||Dry grams|
|50 +||2||+||7 per kg|
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. If you are unsure, ask your veterinarian.
For best results:
- Cover and refrigerate unused portion.
- Gradually transition to your pet's new food over a 7 day period or follow your veterinarian's recommendation.
- Exclusively feed the recommended Prescription Diet™ dry food, canned food and Hill's™ treats.
- Keep fresh water available at all times.
- Have your veterinarian monitor your pet's condition.